Candy Corn Nail Art
Posted on Friday, October 30 2015 01:04:00 PM in Blog
Candy Corn Nail Art for Halloween
One great way to show your Halloween spirit is with Candy Corn Nails. You only need a few things & it only requires a couple steps. The Nail Art is surprisingly simple. Here’s a step by step look at candy corn manicure.
What you need:
iPolish (white) – from The Decades Collection: 1970
War Hero (yellow) – from The Decades Collection: 1940
Boardgame (orange) – from The Decades Collection: 1930
Clear top coat
1. Paint your nails with 2 coats of iPolish, which happens to be one of the best formulas for white that we’ve ever seen. (Ok, so we may be biased…but it is an amazing formula. Check out the image below.) Allow to dry.
2. Visually divide the nail in three and place a piece of tape across the nail about 1/3 from the cuticle. Make sure to press the tape on the edges of the nail to get clean edges.
3. Paint your nails with 2 coats of War Hero. Our creme formulas are thick enough, where you could get away using one good coat. Allow to dry. Peel off the tape.
4. Again, visually divide the nail in three and place a piece of tape across the top part of the nail leaving the top 1/3 of the nail exposed. Make sure to press the tape on the edges of the nail to get clean edges.
5. Paint the top 1/3 with 2 coats Boardgame. Our creme formulas are thick enough, where you could get away using one good coat. Allow to dry. Peel off the tape.
6. Finish with a clear top coat and you’re done!
Give it a try yourself and let us know how it works out for you. You can tag us on twitter or instagram @squarehue. We’d love to see your results!
Update: OOPS! And then you realize that you used the only reference image that has the colors in the wrong order! And the color order should really be white, orange, yellow. So if you try it…switch the yellow and orange.
Color your Nails. Change the World.
Automatically, a portion of your monthly subscription is donated to keep us accountable to what really matters… other people. It’s simple, you get marvelous nail polish delivered to your door and we give to organizations dedicated to helping others. Together we can make a significant difference. You get, Hue gives.